Wednesday 18 April 2012



I always wonder why people see the need for a large garden. I do love to grow a few herbs or even some flowers and it is lovely to sit outside and have a cup of tea in the sunshine. But when I feel the need for some 'green' I want to walk far, preferably with a destination. Parks, tow-paths, streets, beaches, riversides and public gardens bring us back to nature far more readily than our own privately-owned spaces.

 We are so lucky here to live near Kew Gardens. It does, I admit, cost us some money to buy an annual pass but it is so little compared to just one visit to the dreaded Garden Centre. And, of course, I could never dream of owning such a garden as Kew. But truly, what's the difference? In fact the pleasure is even sweeter knowing that everyone can share.



No comments:

Post a Comment